Highlands Golf Club is pleased to advise that the course will be re-opening for play Thursday 2nd April.
Further measures have been put in place that will enable clubs to reduce any hygiene implications related to the Corona Virus (COVID–19) and complying with the Rules of Golf.
The new arrangements, as notified below, will apply as Local Rules for the playing of Competition Golf at Highlands Golf Club.
*All play will be strictly in groups of 2.
*it is requested players arrive only a few minutes prior to their tee time, get their gear ready, pay their comp/green fee and head straight to the first tee.
*The practice putting green and hitting nets will be closed.
- Players may enter their own hole scores on the scorecard (it is not necessary for a marker to do it).
- Enter your Marker’s score on your card e.g. your scorecard should have both sets of scores recorded.
- It is not necessary to have a marker physically certify the player’s hole scores, but some form of verbal certification should take place.
- Write your Marker’s name where your Marker would normally sign.
- Scorecardsto be returned to pro shop after round where a box is provided to drop your card into.
- Mitch will enter your scores into the computer and compile the results.
- Please triple check your scorecard is correct and boxes are crossed so committee are not bogged down with clerical errors.
- Players MUST leave the flagstick in the hole at all times.Ball will rest in top of hole on foam rest to keep ball at easy level to collect.
- If over coming days/weeks this rule is not adhered to, the golf committee has decided a further Local Rule will be applied where players will incur a Standard Penalty (2 Shots) for breach of the Local Rule.
- In compliance with Government and Golf NSW directives for “social distancing” we are limiting carts to 1 person use only. This means 2 persons cannot ride in a cart.Please ensure when booking a cart in the pro shop this is for 1 person only. We do highly recommend that private cart owners do not share also. Having some of our holes next to public roads it is not a good look that 2 persons are sitting in a cart together. So please don’t share a cart even if it’s partner.
Preferred payment option will be through the EFTPOS terminal, however cash payments will still be accepted.
- PLEASE Only1 Customer at any 1 time in the pro shop.
- A device will be placed in each hole to ensure that players can lift their ball easily out of the hole without touching the sides of the cup. A ball at rest in the hole will be considered to be holed even if it is not entirely below the level of the hole.
- Please do not pick-up another person’s golf ball.
- Treat all bunkers as ground under repair and in the general area.
- Sand buckets should continue to be used to fill divots. Our suggestion is that you now keep your sand bucket permanently and refill and empty your bucket each time you play.
These measures have been put in place for your safety and the safety of others. We ask you strictly adhere to these changes until further notice.
Finally, on behalf of the team at HGC we look forward to seeing you at the golf course enjoying the great outdoors.